Sunday, February 11, 2007

Strange Trip?

Ever have one of those weeks where you should have just stayed in the bed? Man I have, I won't go into the details; but i would much rather have skipped the majority of last week entirely. Me and the kiddos went on a very long road trip today. We were in the truck for almost the entire day. We drove halfway across the state of Texas to pick up snakes that ended up being very sick. It amazes me that people will spend upwards of $400.00 dollars on a reptile and then not do what it takes to keep them healthy, the thing that kills me is that i have spoken with the guys several times over the past two weeks as well as by e-mail and never mentioned that the animals in question were covered in parasites and had several layers of stuck shed on their bodies. Naturally I'm a dumb ass and brought them home anyway...Hopefully the vet bill won't kill me....

My daughter was actually a very suitable companion today considering her recent mood. It amazes me that she is so into "my music" at least in that arena we don't have much of a problem...we just enjoyed the ride and listened to tunes most of the day. We stopped a few times to pick up junk food etc. and even though it made for a very long day I had fun, which is more than i can say for myself in a long time.

We spent the rest of the evening picking mites off of reptiles and chowing down on burgers...all in all a good day.

Later...

No comments: