Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Past Week




The past week to say the least has been busy and somewhat surreal. My daughter is still nursing her wounds from her break-up with jerk-boy. I wish there was some way to regulate teenagers hormones...lol I wish there was someway to take away her hurt but it is basically a "no win" situation if i try to console her i'm bugging her and making it worse...if i leave her alone the i don't care about her...so i have to find a happy medium for both of us. We are also in the process of letting go of some of the animals in our collection to give us more time for other endeavors. While i hate to see them go, it will allow me to spend more time with my children and my wife, which in the grand scheme of things is much more important. I loaned some of our adult female Ball Pythons to a friend so that he can pair them up with one of his co-dom males. I also managed to pick up a few new babies in the process. The first one is a "Nabire type" Green Tree Python which was just too good a deal for me to pass up even though i wasn't looking to pick up another one until i could determine the sex of the mainland "Wamena type" that i picked up a few months ago. The second one is a "Jungle Type" carpet python which i picked up to go with the intergrade coastal x jungle that i already own. Tyler and I had a fairly good weekend, we spent several hours in the truck on a road trip talking and listening to music, and yesterday we tossed the football around for about an hour. He gave me a lot of crap at bed time on Sunday..he has been doing that a lot lately he attitude seems to be getting worse when he gets disappointed. I need to find a way to channel these little outbursts. As a result i made him go to bed earlier tonight that seemed to get the message across. Work sucks lately...the few people that i seemed to have any kind of simpatico with have found better jobs or quit, leaving me behind. I would dearly love to quit but i can't find a job that pays what i make in my area. The animals of the four legged variety seem to be acting strange around here as of late, they have been much more affectionate and right up our asses. oh well life could be worse.
Later...



1 comment:

The Godfather said...

Snakes scare the bejesus out of me