Thursday, October 12, 2006

They Asked for More

well they literary agency responded to me asking for more material so i sent these three poems along as well...so again to be on the safe side i'm going to publish them here as well


1.
In our rented room
Your form explicit
your legs
Were my world
I
found
A measure of content
In your arms
For a while
together
Under cool cotton sheets
Entwined
Me
within you
Once upon a time
Petite queen

Now disenchanted
Our union
Marred and broken
I lay here
By myself
Consorting with
My demons
And wanting to die
Thanatos
Has no time for me

So I write
And survive
The suicide Notes
No one
will find

In shadow
I fear being alone
Heaven
I now know
Is not for me
Scared Little Boy
On the inside
Afraid to ask
For
Forgiveness
Wondering
Where you are
And if your
Finally
Happy?

2.
Ravens wings and stranger things
Haunt
The dark corners of my mind
Macabre mists
Infest neurons
Cluttering Them with
Sinister insidious unease
Cathartic terrors
Traverse
Neural net pathways
Excavating
Ponderous foreboding dreams
Meant to Remain
Safely locked away
With heavy iron chains and padlocks


Wild streams
Of violent midnight
Leak from my pen
Like glittering streams of ebon
Forming opiate oceans
Of monstrous drivel
With which to
Fill
This worm eaten page

Formulas
Black and forbidden
Ancient
Guarded
Secrets

I remember
How
By the light of candles
And the relentless
Dripping of wax
In a place
Devoted
To strange searching
A fresh
Morbid malignancy
Seeped into
My cerebellum

A strange phantom
Guides my hand
Spectral fragments
And letters form
A turn of the key
And you
Were
Born

3.
What was once
Will never be again
Fate is fickle
As she is
Female
Changing her heart
And mind
Minute to minute
As they are all
Inclined to do

The bane
Of my existence
Though
I love them dearly


I am part of
A generation
Raised by women
Father
Always absent
Problem
No solution
Can the Answer
be Found
In the arms of
another
Woman?

Only half
One
Incomplete
Without the other
Twice
I have tried
Twice
I have
Failed

Life is simple
The answer
Forty-two
But
What
Was
The question?


paranoid maybe but i suppose you can never be to safe?

Later...

No comments: