Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Recent Submission

I recently Submitted this poem for consideration to a literary agency so just in case (Paranoid) i'm going to publish it here as well

Only in the shadowed recessed
Alcoves of my brain
Do I begin to understand
The arcane logic
Of the alpha numerical poly-peptide
Sequences
Of both life and death

Because of the coins you chose
To press into the ferry mans’
Outstretched bony grasp
A holy war now rages
In the v-twin adrenalin charged Temple

of my heart
Armies of anger and sorrow
Surge unchecked
Waging war
Across the battlefield
Of my scarred grey twisted soul
Fallen soldiers
Comprised of blood and tears
Mingle together
And embrace
As they free themselves
On silver and ebon wings
From their brutal prison
Of carbon and h20

God?
There is no such thing
For me
You have removed me from
His healing light
And left me in this hell
Constructed just for me
The one you promised
To love, honor, cherish, and obey

Just as the night must die
To give birth to the dawn
A part of me
Died with you
Giving birth to hatred
Most divine
A hatred you nurtured
At your breast
A hatred you placed
Into the cavity of my chest
Where its evil cancerous growth
Eats away at me
Day by day

With the contents of a bottle
You left me alone
In a cold and clinical place
To identify
Your earthly remains
Because

your mother
Refused to bear witness
To your cold and lifeless blue form

It is only now
After having served my sentence
Of loneliness in shadow
That I can return
To that morning
Surrounded by stainless steel
White sheets and formaldehyde
And truly
Kiss you goodbye

Only now
Can I walk
Down that long corridor
Of concrete
And pass through
Those heavy doors
Of leaded glass
Out into the sun


better safe than sorry

Later...

No comments: