Saturday, September 02, 2006

Work In Progress

Ok so it has been a few days and my vain attempt to post something everyday has gotten the better of me....

I thought i would post this story idea....it has been something that i have been toying with off and on for quite a long while now....my muse comes and goes all on its own and lately it has been hiding in the very deep alcoves of my brain...lol

Anyway keep in mind it is a work in progess so please be kind....

oh and by the way this is my intellectual property so don't steal it or I will have to hunt you down and drain you of your life...lol

(Intellectual property (IP) is an umbrella term used to refer to the object of a variety of laws, including patent law, copyright law, trademark law, trade secret law, industrial design law, and potentially others. These laws provide exclusive rights to certain parties and many of them implement government-granted monopolies. Copyrights, for example, generally allow only one party to make copies of a work.)

Prologue:

There it was staring me in the face, the Judgment card; divinatory meaning: a time of great and positive change, especially in the way we see ourselves, a new beginning. What the fuck? I thought, what next?
“Are you playing with those goddamn cards again?” Cody asked from the front seat while looking up at me in the rear view mirror.
“So what if I am?” I replied.
“Every time you play with those things you get fucking weird on me.”
The second card out of the deck, the Magician in the reverse position; divinatory meaning: a possible weakness or suppressed energy, or the need to use power responsibly. Was I becoming too reckless?
“What are you up to anyway?” He asked
“How many times do we need to have this conversation?” I asked
“You know I like to feel confident before we walk into these situations.”
“I think you put too much faith in those goddamn things!”
“And you put too much into that shot gun you carry under your coat.” was my comeback.
“It hasn’t failed me yet!” he pats it as though it were a cherished pet
“Neither have these cards.”
This is how it went almost every night, Cody and I are mechanics, for lack of a better term, you have a problem we fix it for the right price. Tonight we had been hired to abduct a gentleman named Randall Delgado; eldest son of Antoine Delgado, local crime lord. It seems Randall had gotten a little too friendly with someone’s daughter, and left her high and dry in the family way, I have always maintained that women aren’t good for much except getting one into trouble, but who am I to judge? I caught my ex cheating on me with my best friend so I killed her, but that is another story for another time.
“How do you want to handle this one?” I asked, as we neared the café where Randall would be seated with his bodyguards Jimmy and Vinny playing poker.
“What’s wrong with our usual?”
“Nothing I suppose, but don’t you ever get bored with the same old thing day in and day out?” I asked, as I laydown the next card, the Chariot: divinatory meaning: Will, great force of character, power or in this case, success.
“Well?” he asked
“We’re good to go.” I said, as I put the cards into my inside jacket pocket. We were imported talent; Chicago is not our usual territory our retainer was being overtly cautious. Cody was my brother I brought him into the business not long after he graduated college; I on the other hand had been in this line of work since I was sixteen. The Café was in the middle of the block with a large bullet proof window in front that had been painted over for privacy, the local mob used it as a hang out, sort of a private club if you will, we had obtained a blueprint from our employer a week earlier. Cody went around to the back pushing a shopping cart and dressed as a derelict, where he would sift through refuse bins and wait for my signal. There was a man posted out front sitting on a stool, he bristled as I approached. I suppose it’s not everyday that you see a man like me walking down the sidewalk. For the record I stand 6’ 3” a sinewy 200 pounds, I always dress head to toe in black regardless of the weather, and with a waist length mane the colour of raven’s wings I like to wear pulled back into a loose braid, not tomention the custom made sword cane always at my side, I suppose I could be considered by some to be impressive, if not suspect. He eyeballed me intently as I stopped roughly a foot away from his perch.
With my best theatrical British accent I said, “Ello mate would you happen to have a light?” As I simultaneously reached into my pocket, produced a platinum case and removed a Silk Cut. Rather rudely slapping the cigarette from my lips He said, “No, now beat it before I shove that cane up your foreign pansy pretty boy ass!” Oh dear he was making this too easy. I flashed him a toothy grin unsheathing my sharp pearlescent canines.“What the fu..?” Was all he managed to get out before I neatly, in one simple fluid motion broke his neck, he fell like a greasy fat broken rag doll onto the filthy gum and grime-laden sidewalk at my feet.“Time to make your move Cody!” I hissed, adjusting my earpiece. Taking out a canister of tear gas I popped the ring opened the door, and tossed it into the interior of the café and waited in case anyone should come running out. A few moments later I heard the explosive report of the twelve-gauge street-sweeper so favored by my kinsman. A mere heartbeat later and I was standing over the prone and unconscious body of Randall Delgado.
“Any problems?” I asked my baby brother.
“The kitchen staff was a pain in the ass, but it wasn’t anything I couldn’t handle.”
“Good lets get this asshole in the car before the rest of his grease-ball’ family has time to recover.”
I assumed he was smiling through his gas mask, but I couldn’t be sure. As he hefted Randall onto his shoulder like a sack of Italian potatoes and turned to walk away. I pulled the death card from my deck and placed it face down onto the nearest table, along with the black rose from my lapel; my trademark, now time for dinner. I had not fed for almost twelve hours, and the smell of blood was making me ravenous. Vincents' bodyguards were of no use to me Cody had blown off their heads as they had reached for their guns. As I quickly glanced around the room I noticed a waitress huddled in the corner next to the bar coughing and rubbing her eyes furiously. As I approached her, she tried to back away and kick at me, with preternatural speed I embraced her, ripped open her carotid artery and drank deeply of the warm coppery liquid life force that pumped and coursed from her body infusing my every dead cell. Now refreshed I drew the sword from my cane and removed her head, unfortunately my kiss is highly infectious, and Icouldn’t have her coming back as one of the undead now could I? Smiling at my reflection in the mirrors lining the bar I wiped my blade clean and walked out into the waiting night.“Did you have a nice dinner?” Cody asked as I neared the car.
“Wasn’t bad for fast food.” I replied
“Lets get going we have a delivery to make.”
As we pulled away from the curb I laid down one last card, the three of pentacles; divinatory meaning: realizing the value of one’s achievements…. how appropriate I thought. For a moment I almost felt sorry for Randall, after all it wasn’t everyday that your ex-girlfriends’ father pays to have you abducted so he can personally remove your manhood........Sometimes, just sometimes I love my work……….

Not to worry I'm sure there will be more of these to come...lol

what do you think?

Later........

No comments: