Thursday, August 31, 2006

It Happened

Ok at some point without me noticing I have become my father........My eight year old son was sitting at the breakfast bar the other day pushing the vegetetables on his plate around in a sad and vain attempt to make it look as though he has eaten them....when I gave him the speech! "There are starving kids in Africa that would kill for those vegetables!" "You are going to sit there all night if thats what it takes ...you are going to eat those vegetables......and If you don't finish them tonight you will get them for breakfast.....blah blah blah....." It just came out of my mouth.....i walked into the other room and freaked! then it happened again......My 8 year old son has a play station a tv, a vcr and a dvd player in his room...so many toys that you can see the carpet...and he has the nerve to walk up to me and say "I'm bored" so I made him clean up the yard, while I'm giving him the all I had was a rock and a stick speech.......this is what my father used to do to me....the first time i ever told him i was bored was the day I was introduced to the lawnmower....

I come home at three a.m. from work and trip over my sons' skateboard, so i pick it up and put it on the top shelf of my closet....he asks the next morning if i have seen it and before i can even blink I say..."you want it back take out the garbage!"

Somebody please tell me when I became my father

Does this happen to us all? Next I'll be telling stories about walking to school in the snow barefoot up hill both ways!....lol

Help!


Later......

No comments: