Monday, September 04, 2006

Strange Week

This week to say the least has been surreal......My wife's beloved pet bird Sakari (A blue streaked Lori) Passed on after being exposed to a very lethal bird ailment we think (Polyoma) and the bizarre death of Steve Irwin (One of my daughters personal heroes) it has been to say the least touchy around here......

Not to mention my wife tells me that when i get in a creative furvor I am very difficult to live with. She says when i'm like this i wear my emotions to close to the surface and they have a tendency to ooze out of my pores in strange, stupid and unusual ways.....

Poetry has always been my first avenue of retreat from the real world...when it comes to fiction i have a terrible tendency to re-write and edit myself to deah and end up scrapping the entire thing...with poetry i tend to just write it down and forget about it! which is something i like about blogging....its too much work to edit!...lol

Sunday afternnon
finds me sitting in a tub
of warm soapy water
contemplating the myriad rainbows
that exist in the tiny fragile bubbles
floting on the surface
an angel vision
as i close my eyes
to wash away the shampoo
from my hair
in her sistine smile
a hint
of the coming fire storm
of change
her black wings
slowly
fold in around me
gathering me into her
dead embrace
a hollow song
echoes through
the slightly open door
its malevolent chorus
banging around
inside my skull
i taste ashes on my tongue

Its time for my moisturizer

hmmmm........

Later...



Later......

No comments: