Saturday, September 16, 2006

One of those Weeks

Sorry i haven't found the time to write but........ever have one of those weeks where nothing and I mean NOTHING seems to go right? Where do i start? My wifes' Grandmother had a stroke at the beginning of the week and is currently in the hospital....i had a pet snake crawl into its water dish and somehow flip it upside down where it wet sealed causing the animal to suffocate.... we are not sure yet but we think my wife may have miscarried, that or her cancer has come back, and now our air conditioner just conked out...when it rains it pours....

sometimes i wonder why i even bother to get up every day and carry on
i often think we are just here to amuse the gods and appaently its my turn

I'm awake
my soul never sleeps
people are cattle
they give me strange looks
i scare them
they often
walk the other way
can they see?
the madness that lurks
behind my eyes

Living is a hard thing to do
i do not do it well
the morning
does not come to me
as it does everyone else

I fear i must walk
in the shadows
i grow weary of the
masquerade
i am lost
i do not know who i am
i often want to die
i feel alone
surrounded by ghosts
who pretend to be alive

Arcane secrets
criminal mind
they will find
no clues
at the scene
its not worth the pain
yet without it
are you truly alive?

i hate
they haunt
i bury them again and again

where would i be
never having known

probably
happy


I hate to put titles on things i think it would influence the reader to lean in a certain direction isn't the idea of a poem to simply ignite a spark of some kind? can you even call this poetry?

Later...

No comments: