Sunday, October 01, 2006

New Lease on Life


I know it s been a while so sue me life gets in the way of things all the time....(I have been working on a Novel) and......My son Tyler has been begging me for over two years now for a bow this week i decided he was old enough. But I need to back up.....I was cruising down the road on my way to work the other day and the "Cats in the Cradle" came on the radio...suddenly i had to pull over a cry a little bit (seriously) My son had made the comment a few days before that everybody was just too busy to play with him. His older sister was out with friends I was working in the snake room and updating a website and his mother was at work......Suddenly my childhood came flashing back....my Father was in the Navy and always gone when he was home he was sleeping or busy ...we don't have the greatest relationship now and i didn't want us to be the same way.....so i dusted off and old hand me down Fred Bear Bow cleaned it up and bought him a new one and we have spent the last two days plinking arrows in the yard......I never knew 100.00 bucks could be so rewarding...... I don't think I have ever seen him so happy, or me either for that matter its funny how small things can change your perspective.....Life moves very fast don't stand still for too long.....

Later...

No comments: