Sunday, February 25, 2007

OMG!

OK so i finally decided (after a lot of internal conflict and soul searching) to take my fifteen year old daughter to the clinic for a check-up and to have her put "on birth control", talk about a scary prospect! I decided better safe than sorry! While she claims to still be a virgin she has gotten serious enough with this latest jerk that i decided i was way too young to be a grandfather. I also wanted her to hear the stats about V.D. and other various and assorted problems from a health professional (As i tend to think once i start speaking in the "father" tone she switches "off") while she was a captive audience (if you understand what i mean)...lol. While i realize the fact that she is on birth control now might sway her decision to experiment with sex sooner rather than later i finally told myself it was the right/sane thing to do. Is it odd far a Father to wish his daughter to be a lesbian? When seeking advice from my own father he simply stated that all you can do is hope that what you have taught them sticks when your not around, that you need to be there for them when they come to you to talk and to try and provide an atmosphere that encourages communication by being non-judgemental. Wow talk about a tall order.....I have told her on many many occasions that she can talk to me about anything and that yes i may get upset but that i would do my best to understand and help. I really wish being a parent came with an instruction manual, but knowing my luck it would be in Japanese...lol

Whoever said life gets easier with age...lied

Later...

No comments: