Saturday, November 18, 2006

Busy Week



Ok so it’s been a week since I posted last but I’ve been busy …. what can I say…..Tuesday I received a new snake a male Amazon Tree Boa (Corallus hortulanus) (Pictured to the left) . On Wednesday I received a female of the same species…and On Thursday I received a rescued male Emerald Tree Boa, which I wasn’t surprised to learn has an upper respiratory infection….I think my wife is a little miffed with me. We were supposed to be reducing the size of our colony not adding to it…I did manage to sell 4 of our animals so I argued that our colony is down by one animal…lol I don't think she is buying the argument however, also these are not animals you can interact with like she is used to (i.e. holding, petting etc.) as they tend to be aggressive. Next week I should be receiving a Green Tree Python (a species that I never intended to work with but I have indeed been bitten by the arboreal bug) from a breeder out on the left coast. For a yew years now I have been wanting to work with only a small handful of select species , but have not had the money or the time. By thinning the current collection it allows me to devote more of my time (more quality time) to certain animals, not to mention the money it will save on the food bill! I basically want to bring it back down to a hobby level (From over 100 animals down to about 25) and not be in the snake business anymore, when it is a business its too much work and its not so much fun anymore. I love snakes, I always have and I always will. I can’t imagine my life without a reptile in it. I’m excited about the future and what it holds……

You will have to excuse me now I have a sick snake that needs my attention

Later…

No comments: