Monday, October 23, 2006

Life Moves Fast


My daughter who is 14 is growing up way to faaassssstttt! lately she wants to "Hang" with her friends every weekend. She used to be the one to help me with all the animals. She used to be the first one to want to exploring in the woods, or dig in the mud. Now she wants to go shopping, do her hair and nails, wants a cellphone, and talks about boys (Arrrggghhhh!) As a result my son Tyler has been helping me more and more. He is a fun kid and absorbs things like a sponge, and he wants to try everything sometimes i have trouble keeping up. I am enjoying our one on one time together. But i miss the interaction with my daughter on this level. Lately we are either arguing and yelling at one another...or having serious and frank discussions about stuff i'm not ready to talk about yet....I guess what i'm saying is i'm not ready for her to grow up. I had a dream not to long ago where i sang and played one of her favorite songs at her wedding (scary dream!) I want that little girl back who carried frogs around in her pocket, and didn't care if she had a bath that day or not......(sigh) being a parent can really suck sometimes.....
later...

No comments: