Friday, October 06, 2006

Coolest Wife on the Planet!

Today on my long commute to work i thought a lot about my life......I have come to the realization that i truly have the coolest wife on the planet. We met at a party....and i couldn't stand her...she was bitchy full of herself and about as liberal, left wing, and tree hugger as you can get...in fact we got into a very heated debate about hunting..(while we still disagree overall she has come to see my side of it) but after more conversation she managed to flip through my CD wallet and find several Ramones CD's which made me a little better in her book and I managed to get a good look at her ass...which made her better in mine....needless to say roughly 6 months later we got hitched....I have kept reptiles the better part of my life and wasn't about to give them up...she wasn't too keen on the idea until she managed to get one in her hands...(today she has her own that she keeps and breeds, as well as tortoises and geckos). Most women would go apeshit if ther husbands turned the spare bedroom into a vivarium...but not mine in fact she encouraged me to turn it into a business (she keeps the books naturally). Most women would also have a hissy fit over their husbands looking at another woman....Mine looks at them with me....(I have always had a thing for Betty Page and she buys me Betty Page stuff...how cool is that?) She never misses a beat with me or the kids even when she is sick and running a 102 degree temp. She is always up for an adventure, she encourages me like no one ever has including my parents, she is kind, sweet, forgiving, sexy, beautiful (both inside and out) and I cannot imagine my life without her. She also made me a father (2 kids).....In fact that is probably the only thing we ever argue about...I'm a bit of a hard ass having grown up in a Navy household and she is a bit of a softie so we usually have to meet some where in the middle. She indulges my fantasy and SCI-FI addictions, as well as my Toy Collection (My last Birthday she actually imported a toy from Japan because she knew how bad i wanted it) She also bought me a first addition of Naked Lunch by William Burroughs (yes I collect books too....go figure) She will go without many things so the me and the kids can have and she never complains about it....She will give you the shirt off her back if she thought it would help....She rescues every sick or injured animal she sees, and goes out of her way to make you smile. In short she is a saint for putting up with me and my crap....I don't really know why she does it but I'm glad she does....as for the first time in my life I'm hopelessly, deeply and totally in love...she is indeed my sunshine and the reason i hit the ground running every day.....So Honey if your reading this, Thank You for saying yes when i asked you to marry me ......... I love you!

Ah shut up! I know its mushy but i don't care.... and no I'm not in the doghouse

Later....

1 comment:

Kim said...

OK, I just stumbled into your blog because some reader of your blog from Porto, Portugal came from your site to my blog. The blog address in my stat counter was one I'd never seen before, I clicked and get this enormous day brightener. And it doesn't appear to be your anniversary, or that you're in the dog house, or some normal thing like that that might make you write along these lines. Kudos to you for finding a grateful heart for a wonderful person heaven has blessed you with,
-Kim
Seattle Daily Photo