Monday, August 28, 2006

Ok Why?

Summer is over and the kids are now in their second week of school....since I'm off on Mondays I take them and pick them up.....My son is 8 and in the third grade......Primary school seems not to have changed much aside from the lunch menu...lol.......However my Daughter is 14 and in the eighth grade, and as I sit in the parking lot watching the kids walk by I noticed something disturbing.....the girls look nothing like they did when i was 14.....why is it that 14 year olds today want to be 25 and twenty five year olds want to be 14 again? Is it TV? Fashion magazines? MTV what exactly why do the feel the need to huury up and grow up? why do the want to act and look older than they are?......My daughter walks around the house talking about this guy is hot and that guy is sexy!!!!! Excuse me Hot? Sexy?....she is 14 she wouldn't know hot if it walked up and bit her on the ass! It makes me a nervous and complete wreck....I find myself wanting to kill teenage boys...i actually came to the door one night with my handgun when a boy knocked on it...lol Help! am I the only one that feels this way? I'm sure I'm not

So what to do about it? Take away off of these things? Lock her up until she is 30? Send her to an all girls school? Truth is i don't know the answers I wish i did

I put my foot down from time to time.......she absolutely cannot go out on a real date until she is 16....i have not allowed her to wear make-up until this year and only a little eye liner and lip stick at this point

Overall she is a good kid but i can't be with her every minute of every day...all i can do is hope the things that i have tried to teach and drill into her head have stuck.....

Man my hair is going grey....and I know I'm going to have a cardiac event before she hits 17!

Later......

No comments: