Sunday, August 27, 2006

Childhood Dreams Comes True


In 1976 my parents gave me a set of World Book Encyclopedias and one day while flipping through the pages I came across a picture of an Emerald Tree Boa (Corallus caninus) i had always been fascinated by snakes which I in part attribute to my fathers healthy fear/hatred of them (He spent time in the jungles of Vietnam) and was awestruck by what i saw. It wasn't until well into my teens that i got my first pet snake... (Thats a whole story unto itself) now jump forward to many years and many snakes later with a family of my own.....even though i really don't like the color green i still find myself drawn to these beautiful animals.....to make a long story short after hearing me talk about it for so long my wonderful and understanding wife Nicole finally gave me the go ahead (I suspect to shut me up) and the support to follow that childhood dream to own these amazing animals....I recently acquired a reverse trio of adult LTC animals and although i realize and understand the difficulty i face it is something i had to do even though i may have my heart broke....wish us (me) luck

those things in the back of your mind that you formulated as a child while daydreaming about being a grown-up are valid...feed them encourage them....nurture them even if they are silly you'll be suprised how good it will be for you and those around you in the long run

in short don't give up or give in always keep a small portion of yourself "A CHILD"

Later.....

No comments: