Thursday, August 16, 2007

Life in General

I have never really understood why people get so bent out of shape over two things......religion and politics. Truth is all politicians are full of crap, they all sell out to some degree, they have to simply to get elected. We all need to focus on the overall basic "tenants" of the "belief" system of a particular party and not the particular skeletons in the closet of a particular candidate...ah if only it were that simple...lol As far as religion goes, very little in any organized religion or faith is truly original. Religions and faiths are not born from scratch. They grow and feed from one another. Modern religions are a Hodgepodge and a myriad collage of assimilated history. Simply stated religion or faith is a way for mankind to understand or feel closer to the divine. Every major christian holiday is stolen from various pagan traditions. and yet wars have been waged for thousands of years in the name of one god or another....

When I was a kid my grandfather always said life would get easier as i got older and i came to understand the world around me and my place in it. Well Grandpa, you were full of shit...i would love to go back to a time when the only thing i lived for was to play outside with my friends, to feel the sun on my face, my bicycle underneath me, and my dog at my side. To a time when i could leave the house at the ass crack of dawn and as long as i was home before the street lights came on i was golden and nobody worried. To a time when i had never heard of Iraq or Osama Bin Laden.

My teenage daughter is in such a hurry to grow up, i wish i could make her understand that she needs to hold on to innocence and youth as long as possible before she starts to worry about insurance, rent, mortgages, pregnancy, motherhood, work, car payments, taxes, responsibility etc. She thinks her life is so fucking hard, but i would trade places with her in a second. My son is always walking around complaining he is bored......we live on 300 hundred acres of woods, ponds, streams and pasture. When I was his age i would have been in heaven i could keep myself busy all day with a rock and a stick. I would invade foreign kingdoms, I was the great white hunter, i was king of my own castle. The kids today are so over stimulated with TV, the Internet, Video games, that they don't know their asses from a hole in the ground and none of them seem to have an imagination. life gets easier my ass!

I want to go back to 1979!

Later...

No comments: