Thursday, June 28, 2007

You Can't Go Home Again...

Recently i attended my 20 Year High School reunion. Not much had changed....oh don't get me wrong everybody was older and a little heavier and perhaps a little wiser but not much had changed. The same "clicks" that hung out together in school wound up together again at the reunion. My last memory of most of these people were from graduation parties were the majority of them were "shit-faced". I walk away from this reunion carrying mostly the same memory "shit-faced again! i transferred into this school from California only knowing a few people as my grandparents lived in this town, but i made the best friend of my life there. He was the only one I kept up with over the the past 20 years. We lost touch about 7 or 8 years ago, and he was truthfully the only reason i went to the reunion. Its amazing how people hold on to stuff for 20 years...then again maybe its not. i was happy to see a few people and to know that they were doing well, but i never really "fit" into this school and i felt much the same way at the reunion proving the old adage that you can't go home again. As the evening broke up everybody promised to do a better job of keeping up with one another...but they also said the same thing on graduation day....only the future will tell. 20 years can change people for the better or for the worse...i discovered this weekend that i am much changed and hopefully for the better and i am "for sure" older...lol. The important thing is i found my friend again.

Later...

No comments: