Friday, May 25, 2007

Sappy?


OK so my son and i went to go see the recent Ghost Rider film. Mom was at work big Sister was off doing her "teenager thing" and it was just us guys. I was a huge Ghost Rider fan as a young man and never really grew out of it. I wanted to share this part of my childhood with my child. So off we went....We both really enjoyed the film (even though i was a wee bit upset that the mythology of the film was not quite the same as the comic). As we were walking out of the cinema, my son looks up at me and says, "that was the coolest movie ever!" which made me smile and feel pretty good that it was me that took him to see the film and not anyone else...lol. I needed to pick up a few things at the store anyway so one we got to the store we wandered over to the toy section and i bought him a Ghost Rider toy (which made me the coolest Dad ever..lol) and then we went out to eat. When we finally got home my son (while unwrapping his new toy looked at me across the counter and says, "today was the coolest day ever!) Wow,... gulp,.... hard to swallow etc.....
Later that night as I'm getting ready for bed i noticed i still had the ticket stubs in my pocket, and while standing there looking at them i decided to commemorate our "guys day out" by constructing a small Ghost Rider shrine....I used some of the packaging from the box his toy came in, i digitally scanned the cover of a Ghost Rider comic, a little glue a little red paint, some scrap lumber.... threw in the ticket stubs......put it all together into the picture you now see and wham! once again i am the coolest dad ever...and maybe just maybe he has a story to share with his child someday.....
It's the small things that are important people
take advantage of each day...
Later...

No comments: