Saturday, November 25, 2006

The Gods Have a Sense of Humor


Arrrggghhh! Sick again! You would think with all of the Cipro that I have had to take in the past month that i would be immune to bugs....
Nope! My daughter got really sick on Wednesday just before thanksgiving at the same time i started to feel a tickle in th back of my throat and feel a little run down.....By friday I was running a temp and had a full blown sore throat. we also just adopted a rescued male Emerald Tree Boa form a museum in New York State. He arrived cold and after a vet check we discovered he was infected with gram negative Pseudomonas Cepacia (a cold basically..yes reptiles get sick too...) which requires me to inject him every 48 hours with an antibiotic called Baytril (or Enrofloxacin generic). He is very smart for a primitive snake...after two injections he has learned to back himself in to the farthest corner of the cage and perch with his head facing the cage door...making it very hard for me to access the area i need to administer the injection....he is not much to look at as Emeralds go but he is quickly earning a spot in my heart.....


I'm going to go and blend in with the couch and watch cheesy horror/monster movies all day


Later...

No comments: